covid 19 safety procedures across our stores
COVID 19 safety procedures across our stores
As our retail teams fall into the government category of key workers, our stores remain open through lockdown.
We are ensuring that we stay up to date with the latest advice and guidance from the government to play our part in reducing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). As part of our local communities, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to keep our customers, employees and their families safe and healthy, whilst providing an essential service.
We have introduced the following safety measures in across our stores and forecourts:
- Gloves are available to use at our pumps
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at the pumps and on entry into stores
- There are floor markings to make the 2 metre rule clear as well as one way systems where possible, with signage inside and outside our stores to reinforce social distancing measures
- High touch points are being cleaned on an hourly basis
- Our staff, if able to, are wearing face coverings on the shop floor and Perspex screens are in place at the checkouts
- Sites are being frequently fogged with a disinfectant liquid which is dispersed through the air (this is food safe but we are covering all open foods when this procedure is carried out)
- We are encouraging customers to use contactless payments wherever possible
Whilst we are encouraging the use of face coverings through the use of posters and signage throughout our stores, we will not challenge customers due to possible medical exemptions as outlined by the government, and to avoid putting our staff in potentially confrontational and aggressive situations. Our policy mirrors the guidance provided by the Association of Convenience Stores.
We are listening to feedback and staying in regular contact with our team members across all 13 stores. We are committed to ensuring that we are taking all necessary precautions to protect you, our teams and our communities. Our stores will remain open for business and as usual, so we’re here 24 hours for your supplies.
We hope all our customers stay safe and well and we’ll see you in store soon.back to news