As our retail teams fall into the government category of key workers, our stores remain open. There may be some small changes to service and Subway has instructed the temporary closure of all stores until further notice, so we are complying with this request.
We are ensuring that we stay up to date on the latest advice and guidance from the government to do our part to contribute to reducing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a part of our local communities we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to keep our customers, employees and their families safe and healthy whilst providing an essential service.
As a result of this we have introduced the following safety measures in store:
- Emphasizing frequent and proper handwashing
- Providing hand sanitiser in store
- Making sure our staff use hand sanitiser and have a vastly increased cleaning regime
- Encouraging our customers to use contactless payment methods where possible
- Marking 2-metre distances on the floor and introducing signage inside and outside stores to reinforce social distancing measures
- Providing staff with clothing to wear to remind people about social distancing
- Installation of flex-screens at till points between customers and sales assistants
- Sanitiser at the pumps, and customer toilets made available to use for handwashing, on sites where we have them
- Increasing maximum product limits
- Implementing one way systems in store
- Setting up queuing points outside stores to reduce overcrowding and help enforce social distancing
- Offering a home delivery option for daily essentials
We are listening to feedback and staying in regular contact with our team members across all 13 stores. We have made available simplified advice based on government guidance and are actively encouraging any team member who may be concerned they may have symptoms of Coronavirus to stay at home and self-isolate for the required period.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our guidance as we learn more from the UK Government and Public Health England.
We are committed to ensuring that we are taking all necessary precautions to protect you, our teams and our communities. Our stores will remain open for business and as usual, so we’re here 24 hours for your supplies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
We hope all our customers stay safe and well and we’ll see you in store soon.back to news